The list is dwindling and the bus repair updates should be slowing down and getting replaced with travel updates very soon. This might even be the last one for a while.
I installed a new floor. New sub-flooring too. We went with commercial grade vinyl tile squares – the same kind you’ll find in the local high school cafeteria. Previously, our wood flooring looked really nice, but just didn’t stand up to the continuous wear and tear. And, it was rotting from underneath. These should do the trick.
New door panels too. I went with a double dose of plastic sheeting on both the panels and the door frame. On every ACVW I’ve ever owned, the door panels get wet and rot out. Hopefully, this will keep them solid a little longer than average.
Everything has taken longer than I thought, but we’re just about there. Every little project tended to involve shearing off a bolt and extra trips to the hardware store. I’ve accumulated a little set of metric taps – not a bad investment.
Adding the undercoating was a big task – mostly the required preparation, since I don’t have a lift. But, totally worth it.
New tires. Check.
I’ve also been doing some wiring and added some more lighting. I now have a total 400W of illumination on the front. Maybe a bit much for someone who tries to never drive at night. But, if we get cold in the mountains we can probably just turn on all the lights and stand in front of the bus.