I’m pretty sure I could have continued to do bodywork for another month. But, in my limited experience, there comes a day when you just declare that you are done with it and concede defeat. It’s not perfect – but that wasn’t the goal.
The goals were:
rust removal – check
bug holes welded up – check
major dings or marks from where I backed into BBQ pits and trees fixed – check, check, check
So, by those metrics, it’s a big success. There are still low spots and dings here and there. I tried to fix as many as I could, but I’ve found that it’s an iterative process that quickly reaches a point of diminishing returns. If the bus was going into a museum, I’d keep going. But, my plan is to drive it away and start camping and backing into BBQ pits again, so I’ve surpassed the ‘good enough’ barrier.
My arms say it’s time for paint.