The bum finger is still slowing me down. The rain too. So, more little projects indoors. The rust will have to wait.
I wanted to make a few changes to my two-battery charging setup. Part 1 was to get rid of the dual-diode setup. It worked fine, but I figured I’d switch to a beefy relay-based system so I can charge just a little bit more efficiently and eliminate the ~1V diode drop. I also wanted to put in a low voltage cutoff on the radio, fridge, and inverter lines. We ran down the 2nd battery more than a few times and it’s just not good. Then, tie in the solar charge controller like before. And, a new aux charger that will automatically top-up the 2nd battery and run all the above stuff any time we are plugged in. This is just a 150W voltage-selectable power supply. I could have gone bigger, but it was only 5 bucks on ebay. I may need to put a heat sink on the lone diode, but I’ll wait and see.