Island Camp

We spent the day visiting some different islands and picked a nice place to pitch a tent on an empty beach. The pictures say it all. Camping in paradise.

After a while, some Kuna’s came by in a canoe and we shouted “langosta!?” They had nice ones and were happy to come make a sale. Fresh lobster on a deserted island.  A few hours later another group paddled by and we did the same thing. We literally bought them out.

We also asked them to climb up and grab some coconuts for us. The Kuna own all the islands collectively and it’s illegal to take a coconut if you are not a Kuna. We hear it’s a $500 USD fine.

10 thoughts on “Island Camp

• September 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Nice to read from you guys! We are more than amazed to see that you keep publishing one entry a day! You should have super powers! Congratulations for the pictures!

Take care and enjoy!

• September 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Alright… stay there I’m on my way now! I have the next flight booked out of AUS. LOL
    I really do wish I were with you all. Looks amazing.

• September 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM

These pics are amazing. And the langostas look tasty. How does one become a Kuna?

• September 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM

stunningly beautiful. wish I was there!

• October 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Wow! You guys are stirring up another adventure in me! I am really enjoying the pics; it’s like being there with ya. Take care and be safe. Peace!

• October 3, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Nice background photo, that guy has some amazing form. Where you kids at? We are back in Taganga now.

• Pingback: The Traveler's Bucket List: World Travelers Share Their Favorite Destinations | The Great Family Escape

• December 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Hey, did you guys just rent some boats and drove out to a random island? Did you have to reserve it? I’m thinking of taking a school group down and would love to do that. Thanks.

• December 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Rob – the Darien Gapster. Not sure if they are still around…