Hippie Holidays

Posted on December 24, 2009 by

Texas

Best wishes to everyone over the holidays and the new decade to come!

xmas_card3-2 xmas_card3_back-1

We tried to take the most obnoxious holiday photo we could imagine… SUCCESS!

Previous Post: «

Next Post: »

Tags:

Filed Under: Texas

Comments (25)

1. Chris Hoyle says:

Merry Christmas. Your bus looks a little like some of the houses around our village….except for the wheels.

2. Julia Schrenkler says:

That cracked me up, and I’d file it under funny/cool. Have a Merry Christmas and travel well. Thanks for taking us all along!

3. Mike Tania and Owen Horne says:

Merry Christmas! We met you in Salem VA when we were checking on the progress of our green and white van.

4. Billy Gregory says:

Great Christmas card! Merry Christmas to you all!

5. Wild Bill says:

A warm Christmas Greeting from sunny Florida,
    That is one Crazie Card. I love it. When I showed my wife she cracked up when she saw the cow head and especially when I told of the chattering teeth and windshield wiper in the jaw smacking incident. Stay safe, stay warm.
    Wild Bill , Blondie, Turbo and Kala
    Pensacola, Fl

6. AMD says:

Holiday greetings from Victoria, BC. Still enjoying your stories. Love the skull better than the horns. Alas it had to go..All the best in the new year, happy (hippie) trails to all three of you.

7. Robin says:

Happy Holidays back at ya! Love & miss you! hope we’ll see you sometime in 2010!

8. Dan H. says:

I love it! This reminds me of my first ever cross-country trip I did, when I lived in New York, in a VW bus. The bus was named was Howie and belonged to my friend Chuck, hence his official name, “Chuckie’s Howie.” He also had a skull of some sort on his dash, though it was much smaller. I think it was a squirrel skull, or maybe a cat. We had some mad adventures in Chuckie’s Howie, including a close brush with the law near Amarillo, Texas, and a 3-day breakdown in Albuquerque. Against all odds, Howie prevailed, and took us to the Grand Canyon and safely back. Man, those were some fun times.

Have a very Merry, guys, and may the spirit of Chuckie’s Howie guide you.

Love,
    Dan

9. Kris says:

Very, very cool. A very Merry Christmas from Alameda. May you be blessed with good roads and happy people in the New Year.

Peace,
    Kris

10. Jim M. says:

Great pics! Really too bad about the skull though!

A Very Merry Christmas to all of you, and a Happy, and Safe New Year.

Peace.
    Jim

11. Ghislain says:

And same to you guys.

Happy trails!
    Ghislain

12. Happy Hippie Holidays to you all too.

M&M&E

13. Peter says:

Photo=Winner!

Meryy Christmas to you three, hope your travels treat you well.

-Peter

14. charlie "Chuckie" says:

Sweet looking bus!
    I miss Howie (who got his name from a long lie I told a girl about how the skull on the dash had once been my cat, Howie); he was a ’69 with a leaky sunroof.
    My favorite, though, was my ’79 Westy.
    Bigger engine. Hydraulic lifters. YAY! No valve adjustments!!
    Maybe Dan will tell you about the infamous “day we almost spent 25 years in Texas.”
    Peace,
    Charlie a.k.a. Chuckie

15. charlie "Chuckie" says:

AND….Stop by if you make it to Philly!
    We’ll give you, a tune-up and I’ll show you my original (spiral bound!) copy of “The Idiot Book”. Muir was my god during my VW days!!
    Keep that engine skirt seal in good shape!!!!!!!!!

16. strubbe says:

Merry Christmas amigos. Warm wishes from Wisconsin for safe and memorable travels in 2010. We love you all,
    Steve

17. Mike & Maria says:

Now that’s one great holiday pic! Merry Xmas to Team Rehm & many happy adventures in 2010! All is well in Alameda :-)

Mike & Maria

18. shaun bennefield says:

THANKS FOR THE CARD WAS A PLEASURE MEETING YOU ALL AND I KEEP A CHECK ON YALLS TRIP ALOT FROM THE LOOKS OF THE CARD I KNOW YALL HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND KEEP ON TRUCKEN PEACE SHAUN

19. Marilyn Skewis says:

Got your postcard in the mail yesterday. Loved having you here! Bode will have to come back for some major kid time in Austin Texas with Aunt Sis.
    Love to you all. Come again any time!

20. Hope you guys had a happy holiday. Can’t wait to hear about the adventures the new year will bring!

21. laurawp says:

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the card-thx so much! Merry Christmas, Happy New Yr, Happy Bleated B-day (Angela-Nov) & Happy Early B-day (Jason-this week, right?!)
    Was so great to see you! :)

L,L,L,W & Boo

22. julie says:

this is the best xmas card i received! XO

23. Meggan and Jason Oliver says:

Thanks so much for the Hippie Holidays card. Enjoying your travel journal; have a great 2010!

24. […] out-did ourselves last year in the obnoxious seasonal card department. This year, not only did we lack our bus for such a […]